Muscovado sugar has a beautiful rich flavor and turns a regular meringue into a creamy Caribbean treat. It is Tasty, delicious and healthy pudding which everyone is gonna like. The following recipe serves 16 people.
- 2 egg whites
- 50g (1¾ oz) caster sugar
- 50g (1¾ oz) light muscovado sugar
- 150ml (5fl oz) double cream, to serve
Steps to make Muscovado Meringues:
- Preheat the oven to 110 C/ 225 F/ gas mark ¼. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually add the sugars, a little time, continuing to beat until the mixture has a smooth, shiny, thick consistency.
- Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper. Spoon on the meringue in small mounds, leaving a little space between them. Place in the oven for 1½ hours, or until the meringues feel dry to the touch. Cool in the oven with the door slightly open.
- Store the meringues in an airtight container for up to a couple of days. When ready to serve, whisk the double cream until stiff and use it to sandwich pairs of the meringues together.